Source: Original Story By TheDailyStar
Two students of Rajshahi University died of “alcohol poisoning” in the city this morning.
The deceased were identified as Turjo Roy, 22, a first-year student of the university’s Economics Department, and Mohtasin Rajid Khan, 23, a second-year student of Law Department of the university, our Rajshahi correspondent reports quoting police.
Turjo, Rajid and one of their friends Rakib Hasan had a bottle of “Vodka” together at Rakib’s mess in Monafer intersection area early Saturday, said Maidul Islam, inspector (investigation) of Rajpara Police Station.
Rakib, a second-year student of Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET) are undergoing treatment at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (RMCH).
Turjo Roy, who used to live at a mess in Uporbhadra of the city died at the RMCH around 8:00am half an hour after he was admitted to the hospital. He is from Nilphamari’s Domar upazila.
Rajid, hailing from Daulatpur upazila of Khulna, died on the way to the RMCH around 5:10am, said the police official.
Last night, Belyy Dmitry, 42, a Russian engineer working at the Rooppur Nuclear Power project in Pabna’s Ishwardi died allegedly after drinking locally made liquor while two other Russian engineers were hospitalised.
Quoting project officials and doctors, Maidul Islam, inspector of Rajshahi’s Rajpara Police Station, yesterday said Dmitry scored a bottle of local liquor from Ishwardi.
He, along with three of his colleagues, drank the liquor together after lunch on Friday. The four were taken to Ishwardi Health Complex when they fell sick at 8:00pm on Saturday with abdomen pain.